Many websites can teach you how to repair your credit yourself. It may sound easy, but it depends on you as an individual. Credit repair takes time and some knowledge on how to go about it. Even if you know the tactics to use to repair your credit but do not have the time to do it, it may become a long painful process. There are other people who have the time to go through the process but they are unable to communicate with their lenders and the credit bureaus.
Many people advise that, if you are on a mission to repair your credit, you should choose the method that works best for you. If you can do it yourself, that is great. However, you can fall on credit repair companies to do the work for you. There are several credit repair companies and they can easily help you improve your credit.
Although credit repair companies cannot guarantee results because every case is different, there are some companies that are really reliable. With their experience and expertise, they can improve your credit score.
Some even go as far as refunding your cash if they are unable to do what they promised. It takes a lot of research to identify these credit repair companies. This is because you cannot rely on the promises made on the website of credit repair companies. There is also no way to know if a credit repair company will live up to expectation.
The most reliable way of identifying the best credit repair companies is by paying attention to the reviews from past customers. Of course, even the best credit repair companies will have a few negative reviews but, when most of the reviews are positive, you will know that the agency is doing something good enough to be praised. When we talk about reviews, we are not talking about the testimonials that are usually displayed on the company’s website. We are talking about reviews from reliable review websites – those that are independent and cannot be influenced by credit reporting agencies.
We figured that you may not get the time to conduct thorough research to identify the credit repair agencies that are reliable. We did the research and here is a list of the top five credit repair companies in the industry.
Reliable Credit Repair Companies
- Lexington LawLexington Law educates its customers and helps them understand what makes their credit score. The firm will send you videos, education courses, e-books, articles, and email newsletters in an attempt to get you to you to understand the subject of credit score management and credit score improvement. The firm will dedicate one paralegal personnel to you and this representative will send you updates of work done on your credit every two weeks. The education they offer is not the main service the company offers to you. The main service is usually dependent on the pricing plan you choose. However, irrespective of the plan you choose, the company will offer you the basic credit repair services available.
The first pricing plan is the Concord Standard plan. With this plan, you will enjoy the basic credit repair services. The agency will file disputes to fix the errors on your credit report. They will also send letters of good faith to your lenders, and they will also find legal loopholes on your credit report to improve your report. This plan costs $89.95 per month. The next pricing plan is called the Concord Premier. This plan allows you to enjoy all the services offered under the Concord Standard and some additional services. The additional services include credit score improvement analysis and monthly credit monitoring. This plan costs $109.95. The third pricing plan is the PremierPlus which costs $129.95. This package features all the services in the Concord Premier as well as identity fraud alerts. You will also be given on how to manage your finances. The agency will give you several personal finance tools.
Lexington Law does not hold you down with a contract. You can cancel your service any time, and you will only pay for the service you have received. Their customer service is also commendable since they are always ready to help their customers. You can communicate with their customer service representatives via phone call, online chat, and email. This agency is highly rated in the industry. They have an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau. This agency has an app that allows you to track the progress of your dispute.
- Sky Blue Credit RepairSky Blue credit repair offer you value for money. They have one of the lowest fees in the industry yet offer satisfactory results to most customers who try their service. At a cost of $69 per month, you will get to access all the basic credit repair services. The company will fix the errors on your credit report. They will send goodwill letters to your lenders, and they will also look for loopholes in your credit report to improve your credit score. Sky Blue can dispute up to 15 items in your report in one month. Visit their blog to get articles and courses that will help you manage your credit.
When you are not satisfied with their service, you can cancel it. They have a 90-day full refund policy which means you will not lose out even you are dissatisfied with their service. The agency has earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. One interesting feature offered by the agency is the pause and unpause service feature. When you are unable to pay for the next month’s service, you can pause the process and continue when you are ready to pay the fee.
The customer service offered by this firm is highly commendable. Many past clients have noted how impressed they are with their customer service. this agency will offer you a personal analysis of the items on your credit report. You will also receive regular updates on the disputed items.
- The Credit PeopleThe Credit People have an easy signup process. One thing that makes them stand out is their 7-day trial service which costs only $19. This firm will fix the errors on your credit report, send goodwill letters to your lenders, and capitalize on loopholes on your credit report to improve your credit score. They charge $69 per month or a lump sum of $299 for a six-month period. Even with the lump sum, you can still cancel the service if you are dissatisfied with it. This firm will refund 100% of your fee if you decide to cancel your subscription.
Although they have a professional customer service, they are available for a limited time only. You can reach them via phone from 8 am to 5 pm daily. You can also email them. One good thing about their customer service is that you can choose between a single customer service rep and the customer service team. The agency has a customer dashboard that allows you to track the progress of your credit repair. The firm has earned an A – rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- CreditRepair.comThis firm allows you to stay on top of the credit repair process. They have an app that helps you to know the items that have been removed from your report. You will also know the items that are still being disputed and you can check changes to your credit score. This agency also offers several educational materials that will educate you on the items being disputed and general credit management.
They offer basic credit repair services. Apart from disputing items on your credit report, they also send goodwill letters to your lenders. They also look for legal loopholes in your credit report and use them to improve your score. They have one pricing plan that costs $99.95 per month. You can cancel their service when you are not satisfied and you will only pay for the services you have received.
This firm has a solid foundation and they have a Better Business Bureau rating of A+. Because of their accessible user interface, you will not need the services of their customer service frequently. However, they are available whenever you need their service.
- Ovation Credit ServicesThis agency has been around since 2004. They have managed to improve the credit scores of many customers through their specialized services. They offer a free consultation for all customers. This is to help them to determine the plan that will help repair the customer’s credit. Once you sign up, you will also get access to free credit reports. For $69 per month, you will get access to unlimited disputes on all three credit reports, educational tips, and a dedicated case advisor. You can also check the progress of the dispute online through the dashboard. This pricing plan is called the Essential Program.
You can get additional services by upgrading to the Essential Plus Program. The Essential Plus Program offers you unlimited TransUnion credit monitoring service, unlimited letters of validation and goodwill letters to lenders, and recommendation letters. You can cancel your subscription at any time if you are not satisfied with the service rendered. You also get to enjoy a 20% discount if you sign up with your partner. There is a 10% discount for senior citizens and military officers (both active and retired). Ovation Credit Services has earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.